Saturday, April 16
• Black Mountain Recreation holds an all-ages Easter egg hunt at recreation park on Blue Ridge Road. "There will be a hunt for kids, toddlers and teenagers, followed by a hunt for adults. Plus, snacks, music, crafts and more." 10 a.m. Free.
• Smith-McDowell House Museum (283 Victoria Road, Asheville) has a full-on Easter egg hunt extravaganza. Education coordinator Lisa Whitfield will present a sing-a-long program with games and juice and light refreshments will be served. Reservations are recommended. $5 per child/free for adults. 10:30 a.m.-noon.
• Stecoah Valley Center (121 Schoolhouse Road in Robbinsville) holds an all-ages Easter egg hunt, bonnet "peeps in the creek" race, and a deviled egg contest. 11 a.m. Info at 479-3364.
• The 10th annual Egg hunt and indoor swim takes place at Buncombe Co. Parks' Zeugner Center (behind TC Roberson High School at 50 Springside Drive). After the egg hunt, all participants are invited to a party with crafts, face painting and games. The indoor pool is open to swimmers from 1-3 p.m. $2 for swimming (Easter egg hunt is free). Noon. Info at 684-5072.
Saturday, April 23
• Hominy Valley Singing Grounds in Candler boasts 12,000 hidden eggs at its annual Easter egg hunt. 10 a.m.-noon. 667-2494.
• The Lake Junaluska Assembly hosts an Easter egg hunt at the Hearkle Center. There will also be an egg decorating contest, crafts and a visit with the Easter Bunny. 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Info: 456-2030 or 452-2881.
• Fancy up your egg hunt: The Grovewood Easter Egg Hunt is held on the historic grounds of Grovewood Gallery. Children ages 2-9 can compete for prizes of stickers, candy, crafts and more. Bring a basket. $10 (proceeds go to a charity in memory of Buddy Patton). 11 a.m. RSVP at 253-7651.
• Faith Church International sponsors the Resurrection Egg Hunt at Lake Julian Park, shed 2. Kids and families are invited for
prizes, a hot dog lunch and a puppet show by TNT Puppets. 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
• The Mills River Presbyterian Church ( 10 Presbyterian Church Road in Mills River) announces a family-friendly egg hunt with games and crafts. 1-3 p.m. Info at 891-7101.
• Asheville Downtown Association announces Easter on the Green, a family-friendly celebration at Roger McGuire Green at Pack Square Park. The event includes an "Easter egg hunt for kids, races, games and creative activities in the Earth Fare tent. Various downtown businesses have added a little fun to the egg hunt by providing gift certificates and freebies that will be placed in eggs." There's also music, entertainment and a visit from the Easter Bunny himself. 2-6 p.m. Free.
Read more articles in:A + E