Biltmore's lineup and schedule:
• MercyMe (Christian rock), July 23.
• ABBA The Music – A Tribute (Uncanny resemblance to the Swedish pop sensations), July 24.
• An Evening with Bruce Hornsby and the Noisemakers (genre-spanning songwriter), July 25.
• An Evening with Tom Jones (legendary crooner), July 30.
• Rick Springfield with special guests, Loverboy (pop/rock, remember "Jessie's Girl" and "Workin' for the Weekend?" Yes you do), July 31.
• The Oak Ridge Boys and Doc Watson and David Holt, Aug. 1. The Oak Ridge Boys have a new album which includes the surprise cover of White Stripes' song "Seven Nation Army." Doc Watson is simply inimitable and one of our region's musical treasures.
The Biltmore concerts start at 8 p.m. Buy tickets at (866) 336-1255, or online.
UNCA's lineup and schedule:
• Whitewater Bluegrass Company (bluegrass, country ballads, swing), June 15.
• Land O’ Sky Symphonic Band (classic community band), June 22.
• Big Ron Hunter (Piedmont blues), June 29.
• Lloyd Arneach (Cherokee storyteller), July 6, 7 p.m. Popular mountain musicians Laura Boosinger, Josh Goforth and Jerry Sutton (mountain music featuring clawhammer banjo, fiddle, guitar, mandolin) will play at 8 p.m.
• The Capital Messengers (traditional jazz, and a unit of the 257th U.S. Army Band) July 13.
Also on the calendar, though not free: The 26th annual Folkmoot USA festival, featuring folk dance and music from around the world on July 18-19. Tickets range from $25-$20 and are half-price for children under age 12. Tickets are available online at www.folkmootusa.org/ or call 877/FOLKUSA.
Concerts on the Quad start 7 p.m. each Monday. In case of rain, the shows move to Lipinsky Auditorium. Bring picnics, blankets and lawn chairs — but please, no pets. For more info, visit the series' Web site.