Co-sponsored by the French Broad Food Coop
Nov 5th, 2011
A hands-on workshop from 10:30 a.m. -3:00 p.m.
• Winter Gardening - if it is half hardy we can grow it ...All winter !
• Low-Cost, Snow-Load Resistant Greenhouse / Low Skill & Easy Greenhouse Construction !
• Season Extension infrastructure tunnels, material, etc. (how to structure them for strength and ease of operation )
• How to manage tunnels and greenhouses for maximum production
• Winter Vegetable Varieties (the best suited for winter in our area)
• Harvesting for maximum flavor, nutrition, safety and productivity
Workshops led by:
Patryk Battle and Robert Gross -- and the staff of Mills River Educational Farm -
Exit Interstate 26 at the Airport exit. If headed 'West' from Hendersonville take a Left if headed 'East' from Asheville take a right heading towards Bravard on 280 turn right off of 280 at South Mills River Road (at the 7th traffic light across From Valley AG). Note turn Left onto S.Mills River Road if coming from Brevard or Hendersonville. Go about a Mile to Bryson Rd. turn go to a T at Kimzey Rd. turn Right the farm entrance is immediately on the info: 828 678 0086. Further info: 828 678 0086
Patryk Battle email@example.com