Press releaseFrom the City of Asheville
City of Asheville Thanksgiving holiday schedule
Asheville city government offices will be closed Thursday, Nov. 22 and Friday, Nov. 23 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Garbage and recycling collection will be suspended Thursday, Nov. 22. Customers with Thursday garbage collection will have trash collected Friday, Nov. 23. Garbage should be placed by the curb by 7 a.m. Questions about garbage collection can be directed to the City of Asheville at 828-251-1122. Questions about recycling collection can be answered by Curbside Management at 828-252-2532.
City bus service will be suspended Thursday, Nov. 22 in observance of the holiday. Asheville Transit will resume normal operations Friday, Nov. 23.
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts facilities will function on the following schedules over the holiday:
· Asheville Municipal Golf Course - open on Thursday, Nov. 22, 7:30 am - 2:30 pm; and Friday, Nov. 23, 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
· Nature Center – closed Nov. 22, open Nov. 23
· Aston Tennis Center – closed Nov. 22, open Nov. 23
· Food Lion Skate Park – closed Nov. 22, open Nov. 23
· All recreation centers – closed Nov. 22, closed Nov. 23
All public safety services, including police, fire and emergency response, will operate according to normal schedule – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
This release can be found at: www.ashevillenc.gov.