Tags:Thursday, Nov. 22
• Stretch those legs before the Thanksgiving turkey gets the best of you during a moderate, two-mile nature hike at Lake James State Park. Trip departs from the Catawba River Area office, Highway 126 in Nebo. 9 a.m. Info: 584-7728.
Friday, Nov. 23
• Get started on the holiday shopping season without the massive crowds and human stampedes during the Brevard Thanksgiving Gallery Walk. The event will feature more than a dozen galleries, with extended hours and special events throughout downtown. 5-9 p.m. Free.
• From an event page by White Horse Black Mountain, "Vendetta Creme is Kelly Barrow accompanied by Aaron Price. Together, they capture a multitude of moods, styles and laughs with each performance. They have traveled far and wide, dazzling audiences the world over with their nonstop variety cabaret show that 'brings tears to the eyes of the most hard-hearted, or leaves the room flabbergasted with laughter.' While presenting a totally new experience for modern-day music lovers, Vendetta Creme's carefully crafted performances hearken back to yesterday's performers whose music they present. Fresh interpretations of songs from around the world — by such luminaries as Edith Piaf, Noel Coward, Kurt Weill and Josephine Baker, to name a few — make the exquisite repertoire a breath of fresh air from otherwise stale nights on the town." 105 Montreat Road, Black Mountain. 8 p.m. $10.
Saturday, Nov. 24
• From the Diana Wortham Theatre, "'In the Nutcracker Mood,' Mountain Marionettes’ holiday production, brings you many of your favorite holiday songs such as Spike Jones’ 'All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth' and 'Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree' performed by beautifully crafted marionettes. The trick marionettes, always an integral part of Mountain Marionettes’ productions, perform to a very special rendition of 'The Nutcracker' by the incomparable Glenn Miller Orchestra." 2 N. Pack Square. 2 p.m. $8.
• One Stop Deli and Bar, 55 College St., presents an evening of local hip-hop featuring JKnow, Zoot Troop, Lyrical Lunatics and more. 7 p.m. $5 benefits cancer research.
Sunday, Nov. 25
• Trinity Presbyterian Church, 900 Blythe St., Hendersonville, invites the public to celebrate the holiday season with a Messiah Sing, featuring "a 45-piece orchestra and approximately 100 singers." According to organizers, "Dress informal; singers must bring their own music and paper clips to mark the 12 choruses to be performed." Free; donations accepted. Info: Info: 693-3081.
Read more articles in:A + E