The Asheville Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire at 9:30 a.m. to 54 Erskine Street, Apartment A. When crews arrived, there was heavy smoke showing from the eaves of the structure. Crews entered the tri-level structure, which was not occupied at the time, and located the fire on the bottom level. The fire was quickly extinguished and they began overhaul operations to salvage as much of the apartment as possible. Heavy smoke did damage the remainder of the home and the family of four will be displaced until further notice. Asheville firefighters located the family Chihuahua in an upstairs bedroom scared but alive. There were no reported injuries to firefighters or civilians.