• Definition:Asheville — B-Boy Battle & Official LAAFFter Party is held at the Star Factory, 191 Lyman St., Suite 101, in the River Arts District on Saturday, Sept. 3, beginning at 10 p.m. The venue has limited capacity, so get there early (doors open at 9 p.m.) $12 for ages 18+/$10 for ages 21+.
The event is a benefit for Asheville Green Drinks and is "dedicated to raising awareness of the Asheville based: Bob Moog foundation." The evening includes music by Brett Rock (above), Bookworm, Medisin, DJ Bowie and Push/Pull (Liam Collins of Perileyes) with live art by TR, Graham Thomas and Laura Sellers. There's a cash prize B-Boy battle judged by Hunab Kru.
• The LAB also hosts a LAAFFter party on its back stage. Local punk bands The Treatment, Pawtooth and Johnny Sexx perform. 10 p.m., free.
• The Secret B-Sides extends an invite to A LAAFFter party at The One Stop Deli & Bar (55 College St.). "Come get sexy with Franky Flowers and The Secret B Sides after LAAFF!" says the invitation. The show starts at 10 p.m., cover is $3.
• Floating Action (indie rock) at Emerald Lounge. 10 p.m., $8.
• Bloodroot Orkaestarr (gypsy folk) at Jack of the Wood Pub. 9:30 p.m.
• Grant Green Jr. (funk, jazz, R&B) at Mo-Daddy's. 9 p.m.