From Katuah Market:
Katuah Market, Asheville's newest natural foods grocery store and café, opened its doors for business on Wednesday December 18 at noon. Located in historic Biltmore Station in Biltmore Village, Asheville, the 14,000 square foot store boasts an extensive selection of ready-to-eat foods as well as a wide variety of natural grocery offerings. We specialize in wholesome foods, vegan and allergen-free options, local products and scratch made dishes.
Key features of Katuah Market include:
· "Katuah Kitchen" 100% made-in-house prepared foods, including cold salads, sandwiches, hot buffet, salad bar, rotisserie chickens, soups, coffee, espresso, fresh juice, smoothies, pastries and desserts. Plus, as part of our participation in the Asheville Grown Business Alliance's Go Local program, we offer card holders a free cup of coffee, tea or maté with any $10 Katuah Kitchen purchase.
· 120 dine-in seats, with 80 inside our Village Café and 40 on our outside patio. The inside Village Café has a small stage for musicians and interested artists should contact the store with any performance inquiries.
· Fresh produce and meats, specializing in local and organic offerings. We currently carry dozens of local and regional fruits and vegetables, even in December! Our meats include local and regional beef, chicken, pork and lamb, most cuts pasture-raised or grass-fed. In our House Prepared meats program we make sausages such as lamb merguez and authentic keilbasa, cure and smoke our own bacon, and offer innovative items such as duck bacon!
· Full grocery department including frozen, dairy and bulk foods.
· Wide selection of beer 6 packs, singles, and a built-your-own 6 pack cooler, and wines including split bottles, sparklers and sake.
· We offer a 5% discount to individuals over 60, active members of the military, current students of AbTech, Warren Wilson, UNCA and WCU, and all employees of Mission Hospital.
We have many features to look forward to, still in development:
· Friday and Saturday live shows in our café, offering desserts, coffee and desserts beyond our regular store hours, until 11pm or midnight.
· On-tap drinks in our café with 4 local brews, a hard cider and a kombucha
· Pizza oven for hand-tossed fresh pizzas
· Complete catering program with a possible personal shopper and delivery service.
· A Katuah branded charcuterie line, offering patés, dry-cured salamis, duck confit- to name a few innovations from our meat department.
Katuah is located at 2 Hendersonville Rd Suite D in Asheville, next to the Ichiban Japanese Steak House. We are open Monday- Saturday from 7am-10pm and Sunday 9am- 9pm. Our number is 828-676-2882.
A grand opening celebration is planned for Saturday February 22 from 11am- 9pm. Any vendors, performers or community groups that would like to participate in the celebration should contact the Marketing Department by calling the store number.
Read more articles in:Food