Sure, you can head to the mall at 6 a.m. for a hot deal on a new blender. Or you could head somewhere a little more chill, for less stress and happenin’ deals. What makes it even sweeter? A bunch of great coupons in this week’s Xpress.
Here are a few local Black Friday sales/deals/specials:
• Adorn Salon and Boutique is doing a Black Friday/Saturday special: if you bring in a receipt from another locally-owned downtown merchant, you can get 20 percent off any purchase. Also, Adorn will be hosting a trunk show for Lush Life Originals (not included in the discount program). And, there will be free hot cider.
• Both Diamond Brand and Frugal Backpacker are having a Bright Friday sales from Nov. 26 to Nov. 28. At Diamond Brand, there are coupons for the first 80 shoppers, $15 Polartec Fleece jackets and buy-one-get-one half-off specials. Frugal Backpacker is doing buy-one-get-one half-off footwear, $15 rain jackets and 30 percent off clothing and base layers. Deep discounts at both outdoor-gear retailers.
• Custom Hers and Home Boutique in West Asheville will be having a two-day sale on Friday and Saturday, with items priced at 30 to 80-percent off and giveaways.
• Union His and Her Boutique is having a fifth-anniversary sale: 20 percent off the entire store through Saturday, with hours extended until 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday. “Like” the Facebook page for a chance to win a $500 shopping spree.
• Virtue on Lexington is offering free gloves with any purchase over $25. You’ll need the coupon on pg. 37 of this week’s Xpress.
• Nest Organics is having a Black Friday weekend sale: 20 percent off bedding.
• CityMac is having a Black Friday/one-year-anniversary sale. Discounts on everything, live music and door prizes all day.
• Harvest Records will open at 11 a.m. with rad new releases and special editions.
• Old North State is having a tenth-annual holiday trimming of the store. Hot cider and fresh-baked cookies all day. Having sampled these cookies, we can safely say you better get in on this one.
• Mast General Store will open an hour early at 9 a.m. with door-buster coupons for 40 percent off any jacket or coat. Friday and Saturday morning from 9 to 10 a.m. there will be a “make-your-own-sale” coupon, where you can put anything in the store on sale. Get more coupons on pg.11 of this week’s Xpress.
• G.B. Shoe Warehouse in Hendersonville has an early-bird special, 30 percent off your purchase from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Coupon on pg. 54 of this week’s Xpress for 20 percent off, good from 10 a.m. Friday through Sunday.
• Take a Hike Outfitters in Black Mountain is offering discounts through Nov. 28. Look for a 25 percent off coupon on pg. 23 of this week’s Xpress.
• Black Dome Mountain Sports offers a Santa Saver coupon for 25-percent off on one item, look for it on pg. 37 of this week’s Xpress.
• The Downtown Market hosts its One Bazaar Holiday Arts and Music Shopping Extravaganza, a recurring event every Friday and Saturday until December 18. Extended hours until 7 p.m. Live music this Friday is the Sharon LaMotte band and Saturday is Eve Haslan Duo.
Did we miss one? Post it below!