Strive Not To Drive is set for the week of May 21-25. It’s a week for locals to think about how to depend less on cars and more an myriad other modes of transportation (bicycle, walk, carpool or take the bus). The week comes with a challenge — namely, the Workplace Challenge, where businesses of similar size compete against each other to enlist the most SNTD participants and to win great prizes.
About those prizes: The Strive Not to Drive Planning Committee is calling on local artists to create five similar art works that will be awarded to the winners of the Workplace Challenge. According to a press release, “these works of art will serve in a similar capacity as an award plaque and will become an annual award to be passed to and from from Workplace Challenge winners. …The selected artist will be awarded $50 per art piece for a total of $250. Art pieces need to be completed by May 14.”
1. The words “Strive Not to Drive” needs to be incorporated into the design
2. It is strongly encouraged to convey multi-modal transportation as part of the art piece
3. Art piece can be 2D (ready to be hung) or 3D (no larger than 1’ x 1’ x 1’)
Please submit proposal by 5 p.m. on April 18 to Tracey at firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
1. Short written description of art pieces
3. Artistic medium
4. A photo or two of recent creations.