Morgan Geer (Chris to some, Saint Christopher to others) brings his current band, Drunken Prayer cross-country this summer, from Portland to Asheville, for a month’s-worth of shows.
His 2010 itinerary is more extensive, including:
• The Big Crafty pre-party at the LAB on Saturday, July 10
• a Grey Eagle show with The Whappers on Friday, July 16
• Saturday, July 17 with The Unholy Trio and Rafe Hollister at The Watershed in Black Mountain.
• Drunken Prayer plays the Decline of WNC showcase at Stella Blue on Friday, July 23
• a Broadway’s appearance with The Merle and You Dirty Rats on Saturday, July 24
• and Drunken Prayer is back The Watershed on Friday, July 30, with The Mad Tea Party and The Trainwreks.
There’s also talk of a reunion show with The Merle and The Goodies on Saturday, July 31: We’ll let you know as soon as that’s finalized.
In the following podcast, Geer talks to Xpress about his month-long Asheville residency, plans to move back to WNC, his current project and what it means to be in a 90s band.