Happy Birthday to Molly Kummerle of local trip-hop outfit Paper Tiger. And, since Kummerle is also know as DJ Molly Parti, she probably knows a little something about throwing a great fete. “Since I’m destined to be at Tortuga festival in sunny Ft. Lauderdale on my birthday and I’ve been holed up in the studio for ages, I’ve decided to throw myself and my friends a dance party,” she says in a press release. “In addition, we’ve been working hard on our new record for the last year, and we want to give you a special preview.”
The bash, held at The Millroom on Thursday, April 3, celebrates that forthcoming release. Paper Tiger’s last local performance was at Mountain Oasis Electronic Music Festival, and the next Asheville show will most likely be this fall surrounding the new record, says Kummerle. To help get that album through its final stages, the April 3 dance party includes a silent auction with happy-birthday-to-you prizes:
• Apple TV with onsite installation from Charlotte Street Computers
• Asheville Pizza Company
• Private drum or production lesson from drummer and producer of Paper Tiger, Dave Mathes
• one hour music career consultation with Jessica Tomasin (and one with Molly Kummerle)
• Original print Rolling Stone cover with Jimi Hendrix
• Original print photo (artist tbd) by Josh Rhinehart
• An assortment of hand made items and art.
Doors open at 7 p.m., show begins at 8 p.m. $5 suggested donation.
Photo by Ben Mason