Project Runway Fashion Revival, hosted by the Asheville Jewish Community Center, has spent the last month or so planning, designing, stitching and dreaming up a runway show. This Sunday, June 24, apparel in six categories will be sent down the catwalk in an event held at the Fine Arts Theatre (36 Biltmore Ave.).
First, the inspiration: Popular TV show Project Runway is the impetus though this spin-off has “a comical spin, featuring music and the latest couture by Asheville’s creative community,” says a press release. And, since the show is from 10 a.m. to noon, “breakfast in a sack” is included in the tick price.
Local celebrity judges will name winners. Prizes include best in show and:
1. Professional Designers Seeking Gig (Self Employed Designers)
2. Available at Local Businesses (Existing products at retail shops)
3. I Sewed It Myself (Amateurs)
4. Only in Asheville Couture (Designers using innovative materials and/or techniques)
5. Up-cycled One-Of-A-Kind Day/Evening Wear (Clothing redesigns)
6. Professional/Semi-Professional, Tasteful (Family Friendly, Comical, Drag Queen Division)
According to the press release, “All proceeds go directly to the JCC, a non-profit organization supporting those in need throughout the Greater Asheville area. Brother Wolf Animal Rescue is assisting with Project Runway and welcomes donations of pet food and/or pet toys at this event.”
All ages are welcome; tickets are $18 per person.