New York magazine’s website just published its “Five-Point Weekend Escape Plan” (which seems a little like six or seven or eight points) suggesting that visitors:
1) stay at the Grove Park Inn, the Princess Anne Hotel or Sweet Peas Hostel
2) eat at 12 Bones, Early Girl, Tupelo Honey and Chai Pani,
3) take in a concert at the Orange Peel or The Grey Eagle (and walk around the River Arts District)
4) drink some beer at Jack of the Wood (in particular its “handcrafted English Ales”)
5) catch the Friday night drum circle, and
before you depart, go on a hike, grab some coffee and a sandwich at Clingman’s Café, have lunch at Iron Horse Station, reserve a tub at Hot Springs Resort and Spa, and settle in at the Thirsty Monk.
Thanks to @WinBassett on Twitter for the heads-up about this article.