The Buncombe County Republican Party sent out the following message via email Jan. 3 touting the party’s statewide success:
In 2013, the North Carolina Republican Party has…..
• First-time dominance of all three branches of state government
• Landslide Republican gubernatorial win: McCrory 55%; Dalton 43%; Howe 2%
• Enabled Pat McCrory to be only the second statewide Republican to win Early Voting in NC
• Super majorities in NC Senate (33/17) and NC House (77/43)
• Republican Lt. Governor to preside over GOP Senate
• Gained 3 US House seats to make a Republican majority congressional delegation (9 GOP/ 4 DEM)
• Landslide passage of Marriage Amendment in May
• Maintained Conservative Republican majority on NC Supreme Court
• Progress in County Commissioners: 54 GOP County Boards; 44 Democratic; 2 Non-Partisan
• Only “Swing” state not carried by President Obama in 2012 Presidential race
Much of this was accomplished by grass-roots efforts and the literally tens of thousands of
ordinary citizens who made this possible deserve our gratitude……and applause.
Thank you for all you did in 2012 and the Buncombe County Republican Party will continue our efforts in 2013. With your help we will lead.