Here’s the press release:
Conservation PAC endorses pro-conservation legislators in Primary
District 117: Rep. Chuck McGrady (R-Henderson). 58% 2011. Rep. McGrady was an important voice for environmental moderation in the House Republican Caucus throughout the year. In the face of hard pressure, he still outperformed his caucus’ average score by a whopping 40%.
RALEIGH—NC League of Conservation Voters’ (NCLCV) Conservation PAC (CPAC) announced today its endorsement of 10 pro-conservation legislators facing opposition in the May 8 primary voting. These incumbents and former Senator have made protecting North Carolina’s natural heritage a high priority even in the face of strong opposition.
North Carolina State Senate Races:
• District 5 – Former Senator Don Davis, Greene
• District 28 – Senator Gladys Robinson, Guilford
North Carolina State House Races:
• District 2 – Representative Winkie Wilkins, Person
• District 5 – Representative Annie Mobley, Hertford
• District 7 – Representative Angela Bryant, Halifax
• District 18 – Representative Susi Hamilton, New Hanover
• District 23 – Representative Joe Tolson, Edgecombe
• District 33 – Representative Rosa Gill, Wake
• District 39 – Representative Darren Jackson, Wake
• District 117 – Representative Chuck McGrady, Henderson
“These leaders are helping fight the anti-environmental tides in the current North Carolina General Assembly. They’re showing the values our state needs to find our way out of tough economic times without sacrificing the standards and protections that make North Carolina one of the best places in our nation to live,” said Dan Crawford, director of governmental relations for NCLCV.
NCLCV makes its endorsement decisions based on the environmental voting and leadership record of incumbent legislators, issue questionnaires sent to candidates, and other background information. The 2011 annual Scorecard can be seen at http://nclcv.org/assets/pdfs/nclcv_scorecard_2011.pdf . NCLCV will make additional endorsements after the May 8th primary.
NC League of Conservation Voters is a statewide conservation organization dedicated to protecting the health of our communities and natural resources. We advocate for sound environmental policies and work to hold our decision-makers accountable for their environmental decisions. NCLCV established its non-partisan CPAC to support candidates who will protect the health and future of North Carolinians by being good stewards of our air, water, and land resources.