from the Haywood Chamber of Commerce
Exhibitors, Demonstrators and Vendors sought for WNC Ecofest
Waynesville, N.C. – The Haywood Chamber of Commerce is accepting applications for WNC EcoFest, scheduled for Saturday, May 4 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Haywood Community College.
The new festival is designed to inspire you to try new things, to teach you and to entertain you. The festival will offer everything from making soap, to becoming a beekeeper to learning about food preservation. It will help you save money by showing you the latest in environmentally friendly technologies. It will entertain you with music and keep your children happy with games and activities.
Exhibitor and vendor areas will include:
• Heritage Kitchen, which covers food preservation and canning, farm-to-table meals, milling, baking and food production.
• Abundant Backyard encompasses square-foot gardening, medicinal botany, animal husbandry, rain barrels, soil testing and more.
• Renewable Energy/Sustainable Living, covering green building, alternative energy vehicles and ways to save energy costs in everyday life.
• Wellness, including activities and lifestyle choices for healthy living, including nutrition, yoga, health screenings and natural remedies.
• Locally Crafted, where vendors will offer green, organic, natural, USA-made, handmade and recycled products and services.
In addition, the festival includes food vendors of all types, educational and informational booths, music and a children’s fun area. Applications are available from the Haywood Chamber of Commerce by visiting WNCEcoFest.com or by calling 828-456-3021.