From Marion Business Association:
Get out your cameras! Healthy Living McDowell (HML) is holding a photo contest to kick off the Historic Marion Tailgate Market season! HLM wants you to take a great photo that showcases what healthy eating means to you by showing us “What’s on Your Plate!” One lucky photographer will win a $25.00 voucher on opening day of the Marion Tailgate Market, Tuesday, May 6. The winner will be announced at the Market and then posted on Facebook. The voucher is redeemable at the Tailgate Market to purchase delicious local produce! Invite your friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors to visit the Healthy Living McDowell Facebook page and vote for your photo!
1. Must be a picture you took – stock photos do not count!
2. Winner must be able to pick up the prize in person at the Historic Marion Tailgate Market on Tuesdays from 3:00pm to 6:00pm or at the Marion Business Association office located at 58 Depot St., Marion, NC 28752 Monday through Friday during the month of May 2014. Any unclaimed prize may be used for future promotions.
3. Participants are strongly encouraged to follow the guidelines of the USDA MyPlate portions using healthy ingredients from the five food groups. A plate of fast food does not count. If your picture represents an unhealthy diet it may be disqualified. For more information visit http://www.choosemyplate.gov/
4. Healthy Living McDowell reserves the right to repost all contest entries and use photos for promotion and marketing purposes in the future.
5. By entering the “what’s on Your Plate” photo contest you are agreeing to these terms.
• Start with a good foundation – select a plate that compliments your dish.
• Go light on the sauce – drizzle or form a decorative design over the dish.
• Consider the shape, texture, and placement of your ingredients.
• Check out how others plate their dishes in food magazines, or on Pinterest or Instagram.
• Use bright colored produce or unique use of ingredients to prepare your dish.
• Include a simple garnish like parsley or a dandelion blossom. Yes dandelions are edible!
• Take a selfie while enjoying your plate or take a picture of someone else enjoying your dish.
• Give your picture a catchy title.
• Most importantly be creative and have fun!