from City of Asheville
PRE-MEETING AGENDA – 4:30 PM, 5TH FLOOR CITY HALL
1. Review of agenda items.
PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION AGENDA – 5:00 PM 1ST FLOOR CITY HALL
The Planning and Zoning Commission will hear public comments only on items that appear on the agenda. Presentations by the public shall be limited to no more than ten (10) minutes for the main spokesperson for a group and no more than three (3) minutes for other individuals. Additional information may be conveyed to the Planning and Zoning Commission in written form.
1. Approval of minutes from the December 5, 2012 meeting.
1. CONTINUED FROM DECEMBER MEETING – Review of Level III site plan for the project identified as New Belgium Brewing Company located at 157 Craven Street. The project proposes to develop a brewery and distribution center. The 216,237 square foot facility will also include administrative offices, visitor’s center, and outdoor recreational spaces and the request includes modifications to driveway width, building height and landscaping. The owner is New Belgium Brewing Company and the contact is Susan Freyler. The property is identified in the Buncombe County tax records as PINs 9638-88-0138, 9638-88-1179, 9638-88-2312, 9638-88-3045, 9638-87-1800, 9638-87-5570, 9638-87-9135, and 9638-78-8092. Planner coordinating review – Jessica Bernstein
1. Major Subdivision review for the project identified as Craven Street Parking and Infrastructure Improvements, located off of Craven St., Emma Rd. & Hazel Mill Rd. The infrastructure project proposes to widen and improve approximately 2400 linear feet of the existing Craven St. roadway from Emma Rd. to Haywood Rd., along with associated intersection, stormwater, sidewalk, and on-street parking improvements. Project also includes the installation of a new Low Impact Development public parking lot, public greenway and stream restoration on adjacent properties. The owner is the City of Asheville, Buncombe County and New Belgium Brewery Inc., and the contact is Gabe Quesinberry. Properties are identified in the Buncombe County tax records as PINs 9638-88-2312, 1197, 3045, 0138; 9638-78-8092; 9638-87-1800, 5570, 9135; 9638-78-9646. Easements for grading, construction and storm drainage are proposed for PINs 9638.78-6461, 6020; 9638-77-7916, 8733; 9638.87-0429, 0327. Planner coordinating review – Jessica Bernstein.
2. Major Subdivision review for the project identified as Crayton Fields-Phase II located off of Crayton Creek Way. The subdivision proposes to extend the existing roadway and develop 10 single family lots. The owner is Crayton Fields, LLC and the contact is Michael Cook. The property is identified in the Buncombe County tax records as PIN 9657-46-3906. Planner coordinating review – Julia Fields
1. A request for a Conditional Zoning from Residential Single-Family High Density RS8 and Residential Multi-Family Medium Density RM8 to Community Business I CZ for the project identified as the Carman Residence located at 191 Cumberland Avenue. The rezoning would permit the use of the home as a boarding house and includes modifications to allow encroachments into the buffers. The owner is Bernard Carman. The property is identified in the Buncombe County tax records as PIN 9649-13-3611. Planner coordinating review – Jessica Bernstein
2. A request for a Conditional Zoning from HB, CBI and RS8 to HB-Highway Business CZ for the project identified as Harris Teeter Phase 2 located at 17 and 23 Eloise Street and 136, 176 and 180 Merrimon Avenue. The rezoning would facilitate additional outparcel development in addition to the Harris Teeter store. A modification to the landscape buffer has been requested. The owner is Jasmine Development, LLC and the contact is Garland Hughes. The property is identified in the Buncombe County tax records as PIN 9649-33-7795, 9649-34-9101, 9649-34-9188, 9649-34-8159, and 9649-34-7179. Planner coordinating review – Julie Fields
1. Request to rezone property located on Possum Trot (1.35 acres) from CI (Commercial Industrial) District to RM8 (Residential Multi-Family Medium Density). The petitioners are Steven and Jami Garrett. The property is identified as PIN 9626-73-7162. Planner coordinating review – Blake Esselstyn
1. A request for a subdivision modification to the access requirements for the property located at 389A Chunn’s Cove Road. The modification would allow for the subdivision of a RS-4 zoned property to allow an existing triplex to stand on a separate parcel. The property owners are Gary and Connie Cort and the contact for the request is Lindsay Paris Thompson. Planner coordinating the review – Shannon Tuch
1. Discuss need for mid-month meeting, January 17. Next meeting will be Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 5 p.m.