Full announcement from the city of Asheville
Asheville, NC –Asheville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts is offering a variety of activities and classes this fall at the Stephens-Lee Recreation Center, 30 George Washington Carver St.
· Women Only Workout-Fitness Center: Monday, 5:00-6:00 pm, free
· Men Only Workout-Fitness Center: Monday, 6:00-7:00 pm, free
· Step Aerobics & Weights: Tuesday & Thursday, 6:00-7:00 pm, free
· Zumba: Wednesday 6:30-7:30 pm, free
· Temple Fit Club (P90X, Insanity and more): Monday 5:30-6:45 pm, free
· Walking for Wellness: Monday, Thursday, 12-12:30pm; 1-2 mile route walk
· Cardio equipment, free weights and more
· Individual Annual Passes (Jan-Dec): $75/Asheville resident, $80/non-resident
· Day passes: $5/Asheville resident; $10/non-resident
· Ask about discounted Family Passes
· Pickle Ball: Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9-11 am. Fun game that combines tennis, ping pong, badminton. Paddles, balls provided. Cost: $1/day
· Afternoon Adventures: Monday-Friday, 2:45-5:30 pm. After school program for youth, K-5th grade. Homework assistance and recreational activities.
· Fee $13/child/week
· Tiny Tykes: Wednesday, Friday, 10 am-12 noon. Organized crafts, active play. Great way for you and your toddler to socialize! $1/class for toddlers and parents
· Birthday Party Program: Let us host your child’s next birthday party, with a variety of packages available. We’ll provide the space and clean up the mess…you do the rest! All parties have a 2-hour time limit and must be booked 2 weeks in advance. Contact staff for available dates and pricing.
· Saturday Open Gym: Second Saturday monthly from 12-4 pm
· Fall Festival: Community-based festival for youth and families. Thursday, November 15
· Health and Wellness Fair: Saturday, December 1
For more information on any activity, contact the center at 828-350-2058.