Women’s Business Weekend 2013 has a theme of “Embracing a Relationship-Driven Economy.” For anyone living and working in Asheville, that’s an idea that really hits home. The event, with panels and presenters, will be held Saturday, Nov. 9 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 10 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Mojo Coworking (60 North Market St.). Tickets are $120 for the weekend (including a gift bag) or $65 per day.
According to the event’s website, the weekend, “brings ideas from empowered, national thought groups to the local community. We want to strike a balance between what is going on at a national and global level and what is going on at the grassroots level. Focused discussions cover a wide-range of topics that help Ashevillans to move from concept to start-up, to thriving in a ‘coopetition’ based framework that moves us all forward, together.”
• ”The Future of Non-Profits,” presented by Desiree Adaway of The Adaway Group; Missy Sherburne of Donors Choose; Kendra Turner of KP Turner Consulting
• ”New Frontiers in Social Investing,” presented by Jane Hatley of Self Help Credit Union; Peter Krull of Krull & Company, Socially Responsible Financial Services
• ”Changing the Face of Fashion,” presented by Kimberly Hunter of Prolific Consulting and APARIA (Apparel Production Atelier and Retail Incubators of America); Bethany Adams of the Rhetorical Factory; Grace Gouin, Creative Director at Appalatch Apparel
• ”Inner Cultivation – Outer Mastery,” presented by Dr. Saraswati, Owner of Nourishing Life Center for Health: Integrative Medicine for Women; Dr. Brian Lumb, co-owner of Nourish and Flourish
• ”Engaging in Empowered and Reciprocal Relationships,” presented by Maureen K. McCarthy and Zelle Nelson, co-creators of the Blueprint of WE Collaboration Process
• ”Dancing with Your Shadow: Moving Beyond Self to Find Your Audience,” presented by Cassandra Barrett IV, Community Leader; Noreen Sullivan, Partner at Socialoriate
• ”Autonomy, Empowerment and Entrepreneurship,” Kara Errickson, SkinFare CEO; Christina Apodaca, Owner and Founder of C and Co. Naturals; Keri Evjy of Healing Roots Design; Julie Wishart, Owner of Green Bamboo Cleaning Supplies
Find the full schedule at http://www.womensbusinessweekend.com.