Full announcement from Youth OUTright:
ASHEVILLE, NC…November 9, 2012…Youth OUTright, WNC, Inc., is offering scholarships for the 2013 Creating Change conference. Creating Change is the premier annual organizing and skills-building event for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community and their allies. The conference is run by the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, and attracts more than 3,500 people from all over the country every year.
Find out more about the conference at http://www.creatingchange.org/
Here are the scholarship details…
* All expenses paid! This includes housing, meals and transportation to and from the conference.
* Adult chaperones will accompany scholarship recipients.
* Scholarship applicants must submit their application electronically, via mail, or in-person at a Youth OUTright meeting by December 1, 2012 to be eligible.
• Our selection committee will identify and schedule interviews with finalists during the week of December 9th-December 15th.
• We will announce scholarship recipients by December 17th.
Scholarship recipients will travel together from Asheville to Atlanta on Wednesday, 1/23/13 and return on Sunday, 1/27/13.
For additional information or to obtain and submit an application, contact Al Murray (Al.Murray@youthoutright.org) or call 828.772.1912
Youth OUTright, WNC, Inc., a 501c-3, not-for-profit organization, offers discussion groups and social activities for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth, ages 14 through 23. Topics and activities are led by two trained facilitators. Youth OUTright’s mission is to empower LGBTQ youth to be confident and vital members of the greater community. For additional information, please visit: www.youthoutright.org