Coffee lovers, mark your calendars for this Saturday, May 31, and spend the evening sipping coffee, learning about different brews, and seeing some amazing latte art. The Southeastern Barista Jam will offer a chance to gather and experience the world of specialty coffee.
Although it sounds like an event only for professional baristas, it is, in fact, a great opportunity for all coffee connoisseurs — both amateur and professional. According to the event’s Facebook page, “A Barista Jam is a chance for coffee industry folks to meet and greet, as well as have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and love for the craft.” Learn tips and techniques for improving your home barista skills, connect with coffee shop owners and mingle with others who work in the coffee industry and are passionate about their java.
Here is a taste of what the Facebook page says is on tap for the event:
- Brew-station demonstrations featuring various pour-over devices and coffees from multiple roasters.
- Espresso and latte art demonstrations
- Coffee cocktail construction – ideas and tools to build delicious signature beverages.
- Cup Tasters Challenge – test your taste buds, name the coffees and win a prize!
- Latte Art Throwdown – Friendly latte art competition at the end of the night, with a focus on sharing techniques for improving skills.
Demonstrations and educational activities are open to all — interested baristas, home baristas and folks just looking to improve their skills for fun are welcome.
The Southeastern Barista Jam will be held at the Counter Culture Training Center at 77 Broadway St., 4-10 p.m. on Saturday, May 31. The event is hosted by Aesthetic Coffee and is free and open to the public. There will be prizes and, of course, lots of delicious coffee.