Here’s your weekly dose of outdoors adventures — short and sweet this week.
Save The Trails Challenge, hosted by the Pisgah Area SORBA, will be taking place at DuPont forest on Saturday. This is one of the best trail networks on the East coast. Join mountain bikers from around the region in a semi-competitive event with 25 and 40-mile options. If you’re really feeling up for a challenge, you can sign up for the Ultra Marathon or 65k trail run, also included in the Save the Trails Challenge. All proceeds go to Pisgah Area SORBA to help maintain the local trail systems in WNC.
SAVAGE CX sounds like a classic Pisgah Forest gravel-grinder. For the cross racers looking to warm up the legs before the season starts, this would be a perfect event. You’ll gain something in the realm of 7,000 feet of elevation in 50 miles. Yes, there are people out there that actually enjoy this sort of thing.
There are a gazillion running events this weekend, including 5k’s, 10k’s and 65k’s. For the urban ravers, there will be a Color Rave 5k starting from Carrier park on Saturday evening. There’s also a Maggie Valley moonlight run the same night. Highlands will be hosting the Rock ‘n’ Roll 5k, strollers welcome — and everyone who crosses the line gets a beer. If you’re into trail running theres the Summer Splash 5k & 10k out in Spruce Pine. Go on, Asheville! Get outside!
If you have an event or outdoor activity that you would like to see posted just let us know at email@example.com!
- 8/23 — Save the trails challenge! 25 & 40 mile options (Pisgah Area SORBA, DuPont Forest) More Info
- 8/23 — Savage CX (Gravel Grinder in Northern Pisgah Forest – Nebo, NC) More Info
- 8/23 — Liberty Bikes – Saturday Bent Creek MTB Rides Beginner & Intermediate (Every Saturday) More Info
- 8/23 — Blue Ridge Bicycle Club Road Ride (Every Saturday) More Info
- 8/23 — Sycamore Cycles Spin & Grin Road Ride (Every Saturday) More Info
- 8/23 — Save the trails challenge! Ultra Marathon & 65k (Pisgah Area SORBA, DuPont Forest) More Info
- 8/23 — Color Rave Electric Glow Run 5k (Asheville, NC) More Info
- 8/23 — Maggie Valley Moonlight Run (Maggie Valley, NC)More Info
- 8/23 — Summer Splash Trail Race 5k & 10k (Spruce Pine, NC) More Info
- 8/23 — Twilight Rock n Roll 5k (Highlands, NC) More Info
- 8/23 — Asheville Track Club Saturday Group Run (Every Saturday) Contact information: 828-273-8860 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8/23 — Jus’ Running Saturday- Morning Group Run (Every Saturday) More Info
- 8/23 — Asheville Hiking Group – Early Morning Conditioning (10.5 miles, strenuous, 8am @ Folk Art Center) More Info
- 8/24 — WNC Easy Hikers – Ingles Field Gap @ Bent Creek More Info
Disc Golf / Ultimate
- Now — Asheville Ultimate Club – Fall League Sign-Up