What’s up, Asheville? You ready for this weekend? Put y’er boots on.
A quick message in regards to the MTB trails in the North Mills River area of Pisgah Forest. “The U.S. Forest Service has reopened all trails and roads in the Trace Ridge and Wash Creek Area after completing an ecosystem improvement project in the Pisgah Ranger District, Pisgah National Forest.”
OK — back to the good stuff this weekend.
First off we have the Old Fort Sportsfest presented by Pisgah Productions and Blue Mountain Revival, dubbed “Bicycles and Good Times.” It’s sure to be a smoking good time and family fun event, as festival-goers have several options in regards to recreational activities. Theres a triathlon, Heartbreak Ridge hill climb, Kitsuma shuttles and a 5k all at your disposal. Do all of them or none of them — your choice.
For you pain-fiends, there is the Shenandoah 100-miler up in Stokesville, Va. If you’re not signed up already, don’t even bother. Have you ever ridden 100 miles of single-track on a mountain bike? It’s hard. Real hard.
There’s the Marine 5k & 10k happening in Asheville this weekend, for the folks who would like to run with Marines (hopefully not against them). One would think it is better to be friends with Marines than be on their bad side. If you’re looking to load up on some fiber and run 8 kilometers, the Pardee Apple 8k is just for you. Head out to Hendersonville on Saturday to join in on this fruitful event. (…See what I did there?)
Last, but certainly not least, Asheville is hosting the 5th Annual Beer City Cup. Now the country’s largest adult soccer tournament, the Beer City Cup will be host to 76 teams this year. Is it a soccer tournament or a beer festival? Well, the promoters say it’s both, and I say that’s fantastic! Support comes from a handful of local breweries including Pisgah, Green Man, Asheville Brewing and Oskar Blues to name a few.
If you have an event or outdoor activity that you would like to see posted, just let us know at email@example.com!
- 8/30 & 8/31 — Old Fort Sportsfest by Pisgah Productions and Blue Mountain Rivival (Old Fort, NC) More Info
- 8/23 — Liberty Bikes – Saturday Bent Creek MTB Rides Beginner & Intermediate (Every Saturday) More Info
- 8/30 — Blue Ridge Bicycle Club Road Ride (Every Saturday) More Info
- 8/30 — Sycamore Cycles Spin & Grin Road Ride (Every Saturday) More Info
- 8/31 — 15th Annual Shenandoah Mountain 100 (100 mile MTB Race in Stokesville, VA) More Info
- 8/31 — Pre Ride Stage 3 Pisgah Stage Race 25 Miles Casual Pace (Leaving from Wash Creek CG) More Info
- 8/30 — Marine 10k and 5 K Run (Run with marines, hopefully not against them) More Info
- 8/30 — Pardee Apple Fest 8k (Hendersonville, NC) More Info
- 8/30 — High Country Triple Crown Half (Boone, NC) More Info
- 8/30 — Asheville Track Club Saturday Group Run (Every Saturday) Contact information: 828-273-8860 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8/30 — Jus’ Running Saturday- Morning Group Run (Every Saturday) More Info
- 8/29 — WNC Easy Hikers – An Easy Hiker Favorite: Laurel River Trail Hike @ Hot Springs More Info
- 8/30 — Black Balsam/Tennent Mountain & Blueberry picking (If there are any left) More Info
- 8/31 — Asheville Hiking Group – Pink Beds Loop + Detour (8-9 miles easy/moderate) More Info
- 8/31 — WNC Easy Hikers – A Top Ten Favorite: Crabtree Falls Hike! More Info
Disc Golf / Ultimate
- Now — Asheville Ultimate Club – Fall League Sign-Up (Waitlist)
- 8/30 & 8/31 — 5th Annual Beer City Cup (Nation’s largest adult soccer tournament) More Info