With temperatures warming and most of the roads clear, here’s an update on city parking, transit and facilities.
Photo by David Forbes
• All city parking decks are free through 6 a.m. Monday. All city metered parking is free through 6 a.m. Tuesday, due to the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
• City government offices are open as normal today. However, they will close Monday, Jan. 17 due to the holiday.
• Garbage and recycling collection resume normal schedule on Monday. Brush and leaf collections are suspended until conditions improve, to allow crews to concentrate on trash collection.
• All Asheville transit buses are back on the normal routes, though there will be no bus service on Monday due to the holiday.
• It remains unclear which city parks and recreation facilities are open or closed today. The staff member who responded to Xpress’ call said the status varied depending on the amount of snow remaining, but was unable to specify which facilities were open, and referred inquiries to Recreation Superintendent Amy Rickman, who was out of the office.
More updates to come as Xpress receives them.