Slogan: “If there’s a problem, yo I’ll solve it!”
Profession: Contractor, construction worker, advertiser, business owner, Marine, Christian
Residence: “Home: There’s no place like home and that’s Asheville”
Funding: $0. I got a bank account ‘cause they suggested I get one but I want people to vote for me ‘cause they want to not ‘cause I can stick cheap plastic crap in the ground.
Endorsements: “John 14:6”
1. Do you favor A) creating a regional water authority, B) giving the existing system to the Metropolitan Sewerage District or C) leaving it under Asheville’s control?
For the People, By the People!
2. Do you support granting domestic-partner rights and/or benefits to Buncombe County employees? (Yes/No) Why?
All county employees should get benefits with performance and time, same as any other business. Along with defining marriage and marriage rights, civil unions and common laws should be looked into and defined. [Then] public hearings and maybe even a public vote once we propose the bill.
3. Do you favor offering tax breaks and other economic-development incentives to companies that agree to move here or expand existing facilities and hire local workers? (Yes/No) Why?
How many jobs will they bring and what’s the economic cost?
4. Do you think the county should make funding the Connect Buncombe greenways a high priority? (Yes/No) Why? Explain the proposal?
My personal opinion comes from a Skynyrd song: “I can see the concrete slowly creeping, lord take me and mine before they’re gone.”
5. What’s the most important role of county government in job creation?