• Finally, someone who professionally channels extraterrestrials comes to Asheville
• Stand Against Racism
• APD’s Chief Hogan quits; Sends farewell message to officers
Here’s the audio recording of our entire interview with comedian and pundit Bill Maher, who is performing on Friday, April 22, at Thomas Wolfe Auditorium in downtown Asheville. In this webcast, we gauge Maher’s thoughts on city Council member Cecil Bothwell’s atheism, Rep. Heath Shuler and many other subjects that didn’t make it in to print.
• Longtime fan of Widespread Panic celebrates band’s 24th anniversary with crisis-of-confidence in parking lot
• The SBI is investigating the APD’s evidence room. Why?
• White House releases text of latest El-Gadhafi letter to president Obama
• This Week in History
• Alleged sighting of Isothermal community college convinces few of its existence
• What you need to know about stricter cellphone-driving rules being debated in NC
• I guess I phoned it in on your elevator inspection
• This Month In History
• After patient wait, imprisoned SC horse buggerer finally released into lover’s hooves
• Gilbert Gottfried issues mea culpa
• Monthly column for divorced families in WNC Parent has inspired my wife
• Greening up the Grove Park Inn
• This month in history
• What’s new at the Asheville Regional Airport
• Asheville community should offer more support to our beer artisans
Disclaimer Stand-up Lounge welcomes The Rubber & Glue Tour to Athena’s tonight.
It’s a new year! Now that you’ve rung it in, here’s what to do with it.
This podcast was culled from a recent phone conversation between Xpress reporter Jake Frankel and Lizz Winstead, who co-created The Daily Show and is coming to town this weekend for a stand-up comedy performance and writing workshop. In the interview, Winstead talks about her Asheville events, the role of The Daily Show in popular political and media culture, what she thinks will happen in the upcoming midterm elections and much more.
…just wait till you see them live at the Asheville Disclaimer Stand-up Lounge, in its brand-new location at Athena’s downtown.
For its one hour, ten minute length, Get Your Mind Out of the Butter may well represent the best live sketch comedy available in this town.
One can slay a thousand, but two can slay 10,000. It’s an old biblical reference that comedian Carl LaBove says he and his buddy Sam Kinison used as a guide after they befriended one another more than 20 years ago.
Here’s your video sneak preview of the July 15, 2009, edition of the Mountain Xpress. Hey, did ya hear the one about …
The no holds barred interview with Dixie Longate of off-Broadway show Dixie’s Tupperware Party
Local comedian Tom Chalmers celebrates this week’s presidential inauguration with a special political review.
Laugh Your Asheville Off’s Greg Brown joined by Charlotte’s Joe Zimmerman for a night of stand-up comedy at 35Below
Sure, every comedian wants to make people laugh. But it’s a rare one that will go so far as to create a festival devoted to doing just that. Last year, Brown launched Laugh Your Asheville Off, a recurring spasm of standup comedy that will soon grace Asheville stages for the eighth time (see details below). […]