The idea is to bring people together to "learn more about Western North Carolina’s innovation and entrepreneurship as well as the efforts and plans to fuel the continued growth in job creation, economic devleopment and business opportunities," according to promotional materials.
Organized by the N.C. Sustainable Energy Association and the Evolve Energy Partnership, the event will feature several presentations as well as time for participants to network "with those who are bringing clean energy and energy efficiency to WNC," according to a press release.
Schedule at a glance:
• 6:00 City of Asheville Sustainability: Maggie Ullman
• 6:15 Evolve Energy Partnership: Matt Raker, VP of AdvantageGreen at AdvantageWest
• 6:30 FLS Energy: Dale Freudenberger
• 6:45 Appalachian State University: Solar Decathalon Europe Finalists
• 7:00 Sundance Power: Dave Hollister
• 7:15 The Biltmore Estate: Vanessa King
• 7:30 What is Next for Clean Energy: Ivan Urlaub
The conference is free, but registration is closed. More than 100 people are scheduled to attend, according to organizers. It will be held at The Venue in downtown Asheville at 21 N. Market St.