The Brevard Music Center’s 69th annual festival continues through Sunday, Aug. 7, in venues at and near BMC. Among the performances not to be missed:
• Saturday, July 9, H.M.S. Pinafore, Janiec Opera Company; Whittington-Pfohl Auditorium
This swashbuckling musical was Gilbert and Sullivan’s first blockbuster.
7:30 p.m. $23-$33.
• Tuesday, July 12, Emmylou Harris, Whittington-Pfohl Auditorium
The ageless embodiment of graceful, heartfelt Americana music, Harris is not to be missed.
8 p.m. $30-$50.
• Friday, July 22, Frederica von Stade, mezzo-soprano; Whittington-Pfohl Auditorium
Acknowledged by the New York Times as “one of America’s finest [opera] singers.”
7:30 p.m. $25-$40.
• Saturday, July 23, Sweeney Todd, Janiec Opera Company; Whittington-Pfohl Auditorium
Stephen Sondheim’s Demon Barber of Fleet Street rises again.
7:30 p.m. $20-$30.
• Monday, Aug. 1, An Evening with Miles Hoffman, Porter Center for the Performing Arts at Brevard College.
Straight outta NPR.
7:30 p.m. $15.