• Reggae band Chalwa releases Cool Mountains, an album “packed with original high country reggae” and featuring special guests Jonathan Scales, Jeff Knor, David Zoll and Nick Hope. There’s a pre-release party at Highland Tasting Room from 6-8 p.m.
• Alligator Indian holds an LP release party for Spring I’m In at Warehouse #10 (339 Old Lyman St.). The lineup includes Albert Adams, Part Time and emcee Luke Puke. DJ Hippy Shirt spins a dance party afterwards. 9 p.m., by donation.
• Now You See Them drops What We Want at The Grey Eagle. The festivities include Uncle Mountain and DJ Kipper Schauer. Says the band, “We’ll also have a magical set of decorations thought up by the super creative Jenny Greer, annnnd the whole night is being presented with the help of Blue Ridge Pride.” 9 p.m., $8 in advance and $10 at the door.
• Candler-based singer/songwriter Michael Sowinski (who likens his sound to Goo Goo Dolls and Gavin DeGraw) releases his newest album, The Love Stage at Tressa’s. 6 p.m. show, $5 cover. There’ll be a signature drink (“Love Story”) and free pizza.
• The Secret B-Sides blew minds last year with the release of neo-soul album Flowers and Chocolate. Now they’re back with Easy Magic. Celebrate at Asheville Music Hall along with Sidney Barnes and Sirius.B. 10 p.m., $5 in advance or $8 day of the show.