Five reasons not to miss Visqueen at the Rocket Club on Wednesday, May 26, in no particular order:
– National press (and there’s been no shortage of Visqueen attention) calls the band, by turns, “fiery,” “fantastic,” “fierce,” “brisk and sparkling fresh” and “big-hearted.”
– Here are a number of Visqueen videos that ought to convince you. One in particular:
– Visqueen has a helluva backstory. Here’s an NPR feature and interview that talks about why Visqueen’s been out of commission for a long while.
– Visqueen frontwoman Rachel Flotard has sung backup for Neko Case on several albums.
– Ken Klehm of the Rocket Club e-mails about once a year. Or less. And he said y’all should really know about this one: “[Flotard] writes strong, powerful songs, that make you want to dance around your bed room like a teenager,” he writes.
Despite the message, the show isn’t listed on the Rocket Club’s Web site. Go anyway — the show’s on, and will deliver.