It’s official: Beloved jam-rockers Phish will be coming to Asheville in June, as part of the band’s reunion tour. Tickets will go on sale Jan. 30.
Here’s the news as Xpress received it from Phish’s publicity team:
“Phish will launch its first summer tour in five years with a two-night stand at the Nikon Theatre at Jones Beach in Wantagh, NY on June 4th and 5th. Yesterday the band resumed rehearsals, which began in November, in preparation for the upcoming shows.
An online ticket request period is currently underway at http://www.phish.tickets.musictoday.com. Tickets will go on sale to the general public the weekend of Jan. 30. For information on where to purchase tickets, visit http://www.phish.com/tourdates.
Phish’s summer tour will be preceded by a trio of concerts (March 6th, 7th and 8th) at Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, Virginia. The shows at the 13,800-capacity venue sold out just seconds after tickets went on sale last fall. They will mark the group’s first concerts since its August 2004 performance at the Coventry festival in Vermont.”
The tour includes these date:
• June 4 and 5: Wantagh, N.Y., Nikon Theatre at Jones Beach
• June 6: Mansfield, Mass, Comcast Center
• June 7: Camden, N.J., Susquehanna Bank Center
• June 9: Asheville, N.C. Asheville Civic Center
• June 16: St. Louis, Fox Theatre
• June 18: Burgettstown, Penn. Post Gazette Pavilion
• June 19: Noblesville, Ind.Verizon Wireless Music Center
• June 20 and 21: East Troy, WI, Alpine Valley