Want to go to the massive, major, happenin’ Trinumeral music and arts festival this weekend at the lovely Deerfields amphitheatre? Of course you do. We’ve got a pair of tickets for ya — a chance to see Toubab Krewe, Bela Fleck, Zakir Hussain and Edgar Meyer, RJD2, The New Mastersounds and many, many more … for free. Be the first to answer these nine questions correctly at email@example.com.
Happy 9/9/09, and don’t forget the Trinumeral kickoff party tonight at the Orange Peel!
1. What is the galactic signature of the birthdate 9/9/09 on the Mayan calendar?
2. Sun Ra is known for this famous slogan. It’s also the title of the movie he made about himself. What is it?
3. What acts playing at Trinumeral this year also played at BOTH the Bonnaroo AND Rothbury festivals this summer?
4. Bela Fleck, Zakir Hussain & Edgar Meyer have only played one previous show as a trio before they make their festival debut at Trinumeral. Where and when was their last show?
5. Which band playing Trinumeral is also playing a two-night New Year’s Eve run at the Orange Peel this year?
6. What artist playing Trinumeral can be spelled by unscrambling the following letters: gicinootn otmqsuio
7. Name 3 bands that are performing at Trinumeral that are trios.
8. Name a band playing Trinumeral that has 9 letters in its name.
9. Which author’s book did graphic artist Ishmael name himself after?