More than a dozen bands have already announced plans to play this summer’s Bele Chere Festival (Friday-Sunday, July 23-25).
Friday, July 23
• Self described “quintessential American band” (they sang “Tuff Enuff”) The Fabulous Thunderbirds
• Prog-rockers Kole
• Funk/jam fusion/Bele Chere alum Freekbass
• Positive, upbeat family-based reggae band Inner Visions
Saturday, July 24
• Roots rockers The Dirty Guv’nahs
• Asheville’s own steel pan fusion act Jon Scales Fourchestra
• Florida’s soul/rock group The Hip Abduction
• Local Brit-pop band The Cheeksters
• Dirtfoot: “the only Front Porch, Whiskey Swillin, Foot Stomping, Gypsy, Punk, Country, Grumble, Boogie band in the land.”
• Florida-based r&b/soul marvels The Legendary JCs
Sunday, July 25
• Rocker/former Dirty Dozen Brass Band guitarist Jamie McLean
• The Hot Seats — bluegrass out of Richmond, Virginia.
• Black Mountain’s Cajun/zydeco outfit Bayou Diesel
• Capricorn recording artist/ roots rocker Randall Bramblett
Plus, Stella Blue continues its weekend-long Anti Bele Chere tradition with Dark Ridge, Drunken Prayer, The Ages Within and others to be announced.