Friday, Nov. 27
• Blues/roots/ragtime band Woody Pines plays The French Broad Brewery (101 Fairview Rd., Asheville, 277-0222). 6 p.m., tips.
• Head to the Lobster Trap (35 Patton Ave., Asheville, 350-0505) to be serenaded by swing band The Space Heaters (pictured). 7 p.m., no cover.
• Excellent country band The Honeycutters performs as a duo at The Well Bred Bakery (26 N Main St., Weaverville, 645-9300). 7 p.m., free.
• Local indie pop act Hatori Hanzo (pictured; fronted by avid Tweeter Dora Berry) plays the Boiler Room (11 Grove St., Asheville, 505-1612). 8 p.m., $5.
• String/jamband The Traveling Circus from Shelby brings upbeat, toetapping tunes to The Town Pump (135 Cherry St., Black Mountain, 669-4808). 9 p.m., $5.
• Now You See Them (with their new melodica) plays a free show at the Root Bar (1410 Tunnel Rd., Asheville, 299-7597). 10 p.m.
• Reggae outfit Chalwa (below) puts on a “Giving Thanks” show at Emerald Lounge (112 N Lexington Ave., Asheville, 232-4372). 10 p.m., $5.
• Catch Asheville-based rockers Oculi at New French Bar (12 Biltmore Ave., Asheville, 225-6445). 10 p.m., $5.
Saturday, Nov. 28
• Love country, bluegrass and rockabilly? Get thee to the Feed & Seed (3715 Hendersonville Rd., Fletcher, 216-3492) for a performance by Brittany Reilly with Almost Acoustic Band. 7 p.m., free.
• Singer/songwriter Jenne Sluder (pictured) plays slow, sweet originals and covers. She’ll be at the Double Decker Bus (41 Biltmore Ave., Asheville, 258-1001). 7:30 p.m., tips.
• Favorite bluegrass act Sons of Ralph (below) returns to Jack of the Wood (95 Patton Ave., Asheville, 252-5445). 9 p.m., $5.
• Get your blues and r&b fix with Bluestopia Highway at The Sports Zone (2310 Hendersonville Rd., Arden, 684-2646). 9 p.m., $5.
• Local Americana/bluegrass band Big Daddy Love (pictured) takes the stage at Westville Pub (777 Haywood Rd., West Asheville, 225-9782) at 9 p.m. $5.
• Self-described “rockin instrumental/surf band” Krek & the Kurmudgeons (the side project of Mad Tea Party‘s multi-instrumentalist Jason Krekel) play a late show at the New French Bar (12 Biltmore Ave., Asheville, 225-6445). The band includes Lance and Dave from Reigning Sound and Henry Westmoreland from Squirrel Nut Zippers. Also promised: “A couple of guests to round out our Cavelcade of Stars portion of the evening!”
—Alli Marshall, A&E reporter