Though today is, indeed, April Fool’s Day, the following round up is no joke. A weekend’s worths of music; no cover charge over $5.
Thursday, April 2
• Start the weekend early with Wood Pines’ rag time set (and, rag time-priced at no cover) at Pisgah Brewing Company (Pisgah Brewing Company, 150 Eastside Dr., Black Mountain, 669-2491). 7 p.m.
Friday, April 3
• Americana act The Leigh Glass Band plays a 6 p.m. happy hour show at French Broad Brewery (101 Fairview Rd., Asheville, 277-0222). Free.
• Indiana-based Lovely Houses (this is the singer/songwriter’s name, just to clear up any confusion) plays for tips at Firestorm Cafe (48 Commerce St., Asheville, 255-8115). Sweet, soulful and surprisingly swingy folk-pop at 8 p.m.
• Cabo Verde plays a free Latin-fusion set at Zambra (85 Walnut St., Asheville, 232-1060), 8 p.m.
• Salem, Mass.-based Moon Climb the Wall performs experimental-eclectica at Izzy’s (74 N. Lexington Ave., Asheville, 258-2004) with Attached Hands, Body of John the Baptist and The Nothing Noise. Cover is “2 or 3 bucks.” 8 p.m.
• At 10 p.m., Mind vs. Target brings experimental jazz to BoBo Gallery (22 Lexington Ave., Asheville, 254-3426).
Saturday, April 4
• Prog-rock metal act Decree of Annihilation plays a free 5:30 p.m. show at the Transylvania Activity Center (1078 Ecusta Road, Brevard, 884-3156) with Convalescence, Fairground Avenue, Shake Azalia, and Eve of Redemption.
• The Falconeers perform experimental electronica at The Root Bar (1410 Tunnel Rd., Asheville, 299-7597). 9 p.m., $3.
Sunday, April 5
• King Tut rounds out the weekend with electronica at the New French Bar (12 Biltmore Ave., Asheville, 225-6445). The Bronzed Chorus & Lulo (a new Shane Perlowin project) also play. 10 p.m.; cover is “$3-5?.”
—Alli Marshall, A&E reporter