Some info on Hoge, from his publicist:
– “His latest record THE WRECKAGE is his fifth studio album and includes 11 self-penned songs laden with Hoge’s brand of soulful roots rock.
– He just wrapped a Spring tour with Needtobreathe.
– He’s heading to the West Coast this summer to open a handful of dates for superstar duo Sugarland.
– His recovery from a near-death traffic accident in 2008 has lit a new fire in his musical process, and his acclaimed live show is as impassioned and solid as ever.
– Recent national media appearances include performances on The CBS Early Show and GAC’s Music City Keep on Playin’ benefit for Nashville flood victims.
– USA Today has featured his songs as a “Pick of the Week” multiple times, CMT says “[Hoge is] one of Nashville’s most talented performing songwriters…The Wreckage is the most rewarding album he’s ever made,” and American Songwriter applauds his “tightly crafted songs [that] retain the artist’s self-assured, Southern swagger, (3.5 stars).”
Hoge playing “Sweet Magdeline” at the Loft in Atlanta:
Hoge played the Handlebar in Greenville last year, and Metromix said “The rock ‘n’ roller plays each show like it was his last, and the music is a cocktail of Rolling Stones sass and Springsteen conviction.”