Manic (without the panic)
• Who he is: Jaron Pearlman
• What he’s wearing: Striped pants from Marshall’s, pink retro Converse All-Stars from TJ Maxx, handmade jewelry.
• Why we love it: Wearing colors bright enough to qualify for Harajuku street style, Jaron stands out on Lexington Ave. “I usually dress like this,” admits this fashionista, who — in free-spirited style — has doffed his shirt to enjoy a warm spring day. “I get my inspiration from my friends, who also dress like this.” Extra points for matching footwear and hair color.
Try this on
Love shopping locally but don’t have the time to hit the stores? Browse these retailers online (hey, it’s better than clogging up the office network with streaming basketball games … ):
• Tops for Shoes shows off their extensive stock and a handy e-mail address for checking stock at topsforshoes.com.
• Biltmore Village boutique 2 On Crescent sells Eileen Fisher, Flax, Joan Vass and more at 2oncrescent.com.
• Wink, a salon and boutique also located in Biltmore Village, can be found at ilovewink.com.
• Shop for sustainable clothing and home supplies at the Spiritex site, spiritex.net.
• Mast General Store offers up outdoor apparel, footwear, travel gear and more at maststoreonline.com.
• Diamond Brand Outdoors proves rugged clothing can be chic at diamondbrand.com.