What to wear to the Stonewall Pride March (as seen on Sunday, July 2)
• Who they are: Pork Chop (left) and Lobco
• What they’re wearing: On Lobco, a blue cotton dress made by her grandmother with a patch-pocket she added, argyle socks and black boots; on Pork Chop, an outfit Lobco created — lavender lace top, straw cowboy hat, studded belt and, yes, a white denim mini.
• Why we love it: Lobco’s dress is comfortable, functional and vintage-stylish (reminiscent of Athens, Ga. townies), while Pork Chop proves that mini skirts look best on the narrow-hipped.
• Who she is: Sparrow
• What she’s wearing: A lace-trimmed cami, a skirt created, she says, “from a two-year-old’s party dress” and her favorite leg warmers held up with homemade garters.
• Why we love it: Equal parts Pippi Longstocking, Cyndi Lauper and urban pirate, Sparrow’s festive garb thumbs a nose at fashion convention.
Try this on
Local fashion mavens Kelledy Francis and R. Brooke Priddy open their multimedia fashion show, Of Sea and Sky, on Saturday, July 15. The event takes place at the LG Gallery (63 N. Lexington Ave.). For info, visit openingfashionshow.com.
Managing to be both antique and utterly mod, these white leather shoes from Cydwoq’s vintage line run $258 at Worthwhile (33 Patton Ave., 225-3883).