• Who he is: Nicky Sanders, fiddler for Steep Canyon Rangers, at Bele Chere.
• What he’s wearing: an embroidered Western shirt he bought on eBay, dark-rinse jeans and J. Chisholm boots from Jackson Boots.
• Why we love it: Originally from California, Nicky brings Cali country-rock style to his bluegrass band. The shirt, kept casual with jeans and boots (no spangly suit or ten-gallon hat required), has enough rocker sensibility to take the stage in Nashville or the East Village.
Among our favorite Bele Chere looks this year, the color pink kept popping in — in some unusual ways. Beyond fuchsia hair streaks, Pepto-pink Crocs and magenta balloon hats, here are a few looks actually worth repeating:
• A dapper gentleman poses in head-to-toe pastel rose (even his hat band is pink).
• The pink polo, collar in the upright-and-locked position, is total ’80s prep; the futuristic shades and smooth-shaved pate adds Matrix cool.
• Doctor Seuss-ian elephants (yep, they’re pink) make a festive showing on boxer shorts. Add a studded choker and textured flats to turn lounge wear into street wear.
To view more styles from last month’s Bele Chere festival, visit www.topdrawerstreetstyle.blogspot.com.