• Who she is: Ashley Hill
• What she’s wearing: Shearling-trimmed bag from Bath & Body Works, plaid pants from Target.
• Who she is: Stephanie Coppola
• What she’s wearing: Cropped striped top and patent-leather shoes from Goodwill, pants from a store in New York, spider-web-print arm warmer, antique patent-leather purse.
Cool-weather finery takes shape at Worthwhile (33 Patton Ave., 225-3883).
Try this on
Newly opened shops (and a fashion show), just in time for holiday shopping (for yourself, of course!):
• Hunk (9 W. Walnut, 253-4044) sells men’s clothing and accessories. That’s right, guys — all menswear. The shop (from the owners of the HoneyPot) offers new apparel and select vintage, such as leathers and smoking jackets. Visit them online at www.hunkclothing.com.
• Zakya (61 Haywood St., 254-9890) means “sweet” in Arabic. The boutique focuses on pretty, feminine clothing that can transition from work to evening. Key words: Low-key luxe. Stop by the grand opening on Friday, Dec. 1.
• Local wholesaler All Fun Gifts goes retail with an eBay store featuring handblown glass jewelry. Check out www.stores.ebay.com/All-Fun-Gifts for pendants, beads, earrings and other gift ideas.
• A Maternity Fashion Show is slated for the Wedge Gallery on Sunday, Dec. 3, 5-8 p.m. Designers R. Brooke Priddy, Annie M. and Meredith Law show their creations. For info, call 337-3472.