After 24 hours stuck in the house with family, too much pie and wrapping paper wreckage, it’s time to venture out. By December 26 you could probably use a dose of live music, craft beer and people who aren’t related to you. If that’s not the case, bring the relatives with you — the day after Christmas offers up options for listeners of every ilk.
All events listed take place on Friday, Dec. 26. For more ideas, check out Clubland.
• Lyric (pictured; funk, pop, rock, soul) at Highland Brewing Co. tasting room, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
• Mike Pilgrim & Drew Kirkpatrick (gypsy jazz) at Classic Wineseller in Waynesville, 7 p.m.
• Mark Shane (R&B), at the Iron Horse Station in Hot Springs. 7-10 p.m.
• Xpresso (Latin jazz piano), at Lex 18, 7:30-10:30 p.m.; followed by DJ Cosmo Q (electro-swing), 11 p.m.-2 a.m.
• Yess-I (roots, rock, reggae), at Pisgah Brewing Co., 8 p.m. Free.
• Don Lewis & Marc Keller (Americana, rock), at The Bywater. 8 p.m.
• One Leg Up (Gypsy jazz), at Cork & Keg, 8:30 p.m.
• Hometown Holiday Jam and pin-up pageant at 185 King Street in Brevard. 9-11:45 p.m., $10 members/$15 non-members.
• Dex Romweber with Couple Skate (surf, rockabilly) Jack of the Wood, 9 p.m., $8.
• Carolina Wray (pop-country, Americana), at the Town Pump in Black Mountain. 9 p.m., free.
• Ben Hovey (electro-soul, jazz, dub), at Aloft Hotel’s Wxyz Lounge. 9 p.m.