Arts Council of Henderson County to hold live art auction on Facebook

Press release from the Arts Council of Henderson County:

Calling All Artists and Art Supports!
The Arts Council of Henderson County in response to COVID-19 is hosting a weekly Facebook Live Art Auction starting this Sunday at 3-4PM. 90% of the proceeds from the auction go directly back to the artist and the other 10% support our Artists in Schools program where we pay artists to teach at underserved schools in the county.
We are looking to feature 10 pieces each week and will do our best to feature as many artists in the community as possible during this time. If you are an artist we ask that you send 3-4 pictures of the piece you would like to auction. We ask that the selected piece has a starting price no more than $100. While we would love to sell your more expensive work but at this time it would be better to auction pieces that are under $100.
If you would like to participate as an artist please email with the following information by tomorrow morning 3/19:
Medium & Size:
*Please include three pictures of the item you would like to auction.
If you are an art supporter and would like to participate in the auction go to our Facebook page on 3/22 and join us for an hour of art, auction, and conversation!
This event will be co hosted by The Arts Council Executive Director, Hannah Duncan, and ACofHC President/ guy who does everything, Josh Dunkin.
We hope to see you there!
-The Arts Council of Henderson County
About Community Bulletin
Mountain Xpress posts selected news and information of local interest as a public service for our readers. To submit press releases and other community material for possible publication, email

Before you comment

The comments section is here to provide a platform for civil dialogue on the issues we face together as a local community. Xpress is committed to offering this platform for all voices, but when the tone of the discussion gets nasty or strays off topic, we believe many people choose not to participate. Xpress editors are determined to moderate comments to ensure a constructive interchange is maintained. All comments judged not to be in keeping with the spirit of civil discourse will be removed and repeat violators will be banned. See here for our terms of service. Thank you for being part of this effort to promote respectful discussion.

Leave a Reply

To leave a reply you may Login with your Mountain Xpress account, connect socially or enter your name and e-mail. Your e-mail address will not be published. All fields are required.