Press release from the City of Asheville:
Asheville City government offices will be closed Monday, Jan. 21, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Garbage and recycling collection schedules will continue as normal over the holiday. There will be no brush collection Monday and the Sanitation office will be closed.
The City of Asheville ART service routes and facilities will operate on a reduced holiday schedule Jan. 21. Martin Luther King Jr. Day is one of six holidays throughout the calendar year that ART offers bus service. The attached graphic has specifics on route schedules. For more information, visit RidetheART.com. Find specific route schedule online information at this link.
The U.S. Cellular Center box office will be closed Jan. 21 as well. Ticket purchases can still be made through TicketMaster.
Asheville Parks & Recreation Department recreation centers will be on the following schedule Jan. 21:
- Tempie Avery Montford Center: Open 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., includes Fun Day Out program for youth.
- Burton Street Center: Open 1 to 5 p.m.
- Stephens-Lee Center: Operating on a normal schedule.
- Dr. Wesley Grant Sr. Southside Center, Harvest House, Senior Opportunity Center, Linwood Crump Shiloh Center: Closed.
- WNC Nature Center and the Asheville Municipal Golf Course will be on their normal schedule.
Water Resources staff will be available for water related emergencies 24 hours a day over the holiday weekend. Customers can call the customer service line at 828-251-1122 to report water related emergencies, leaks, breaks, and no water calls.
All public safety services, including police, fire and emergency response, will operate according to normal schedule – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.