Press release from the Asheville Downtown Association:
The Asheville Downtown Association today announced the lineup for the Virtual Fourth of July Concert, presented by Ingles Markets. The online concert will air Saturday, July 4 beginning at 4pm and feature eight local artists taking the stage at four venues across Asheville.
Featured artists include:
- BoogiTherapi with Ryan RNB Barber – funk from Asheville Music Hall at 4pm
- Jane Kramer & Friends – singer/songwriter from The Grey Eagle at 4:30pm
- Lyric – soul, R&B from The Orange Peel at 5pm
- Peggy Ratusz & Daddy LongLegs – blues, jazz from Isis Music Hall at 5:30pm
- Joe Lasher – country from The Orange Peel at 6pm
- Funk Jam House Band – funk, rock from Asheville Music Hall at 6:30pm
- Fireside Collective – bluegrass from Isis Music Hall at 7pm
- Empire Strikes Brass – New Orleans-style brass band from The Grey Eagle at 7:30pm
“Thanks to the generous support from Ingles and our partners, we’re able to put some of our favorite artists back to work at some of our favorite venues,” said Meghan Rogers, executive director for the Asheville Downtown Association.
Drop in to listen for a while or check out the whole four hours. Tune in to IamAVL’s YouTube channel to enjoy a diverse offering of local music on the Fourth of July holiday. Links to the virtual celebration will be posted on a variety of social media channels, making it easy for people to find, including on Visit Asheville, the City of Asheville and the Asheville Downtown Association’s Facebook pages feeds.
The Virtual Fourth of July Concert is presented by Ingles, with support from the City of Asheville and Explore Asheville, and produced by the Asheville Downtown Association and IamAVL. More information can be found at ashevilledowntown.org.