Press release from City of Asheville:
What’s that sound? It’s the sound of splashy fun at Asheville City pools coming your way!
Recreation Park Pool will open for the season on June 2 and 3 from noon to 6 p.m. both days. The Malvern Hills and Walton Street pools are set to open June 9. Pool hours this season:
- Malvern Hills Pool, 75 Rumbough Place: Noon to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays and 1 to 6 p.m. on Sundays.
- Recreation Park Pool, 65 Gashes Creek Road: Noon to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays and 1 to 6 p.m. on Sundays.
- Walton Street Pool, 570 Oakland Road: Noon to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 1 to 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
- General admission: $3
- 15-visit pass: $40
- Individual season fall: $100
- Family season pass: $150 (4 people)
So parents know, the Splasheville spray play area in Pack Square Park remains closed under repair. We will be sure to let you know as soon as it is open.
Swim lessons for children
Looking for swim lessons for your kiddos? Swim lessons are provided free for school-age children. Swim lessons for school-aged children will be held Monday through Thursdays these dates:
- First session: June 18-28. Registration opens June 11.
- Second session: July 9-19. Registration begins July 2.
Registration begins at 11 a.m. at pool of your choice.
- Recreation Park: 10-10:45 a.m. and 11-11:45 a.m.
- Malvern Hills: 10-10:45 a.m. and 11-11:45 a.m.
- Walton Street: 5:30-6:15 p.m.
Li’l Fin Fridays
This leaves Fridays open for the preschoolers. Li’l Fin Fridays, 11 a.m. to noon, are for ages 5 and under. Toddlers will learn water safety and fundamental skills in a safe and fun environment. Parents are encouraged to participate. Space is limited to 15 per class.
- Session 1: June 15, 22, 29, July 6
- Session 2: July 20, 27, August 3, 10
The cost is $20. City of Asheville residents receive a $5 discount. Li’l Fin Fridays will be held at the Malvern Hills and Recreation Park pools. Register online at www.ashevillenc.gov/parks.
Aqua fitness classes
Aqua fitness classes are great for everyone, including those with joint pain, pregnant women or anyone who just loves the water. All classes will be held at Malvern Hills Pool. The fee is $2 per class. Times and dates:
- 6:15-7:15 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays June 19-August 9
- 9:45-10:45 a.m. on Saturdays June 23-July 28
Doggie Dip will be back!
Asheville Parks & Recreation closes out the pool season with the fifth annual Doggie Dip noon to 5 p.m. Sept. 9 at Recreation Park Pool. The fee is $5 per dog/handler through September 8 and $10 per dog/handler the day of the event. Admission for spectators is only $1. For information and to check out the rules, visit www.ashevillenc.gov/parks.
For more information on Asheville Parks & Recreation pools or programs, visit www.ashevillenc.gov/parks or call 828-259-5800.