From a Chamber of Commerce press release:
ASHEVILLE AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE ANNOUNCES 2013-2014 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce has named its 2013-2014 board of directors and appointed Dana Stonestreet of HomeTrust Bank as chair.
Stonestreet was inducted during the Chamber’s 116th Annual Meeting held June 27 at the U.S. Cellular Center and succeeds outgoing chair, Linda Brandt of PlumDog Financial.
“I am very passionate about supporting our local businesses and economy,” Stonestreet said, “and look forward to working with the Chamber’s excellent group of volunteers and staff in the Chair role.”
“We have a lot of great initiatives planned to help promote business like a business canvass and an intercity visit, which will help us to learn what we can do to give even greater value to our Chamber members and community.”
In addition to Stonestreet as Chair, the following were named as the Chamber’s executive committee:
· Immediate Past Chair: Ms. Linda Brandt, PlumDog Financial
· First Vice Chair: Mr. Ben Hamrick, Johnson Price Sprinkle PA
· Second Vice Chair: Ms. Suzanne DeFerie, Asheville Savings Bank
· Treasurer: Ms. Tracy Buchanan, CarePartners Health Services
· Secretary/V. Chair E.D.: Mr. W. Louis Bissette, Jr., McGuire, Wood & Bissette, PA
· Legal Counsel: Ms. Michelle Rippon, Constangy, Brooks & Smith
· Audit Chair: Mr. Pat Carver, First Citizens Bank
The following members will serve on the executive committee as department vice chairs:
· Vice Chair Public Policy: Ms. Carolyn Coward, Van Winkle Law Firm
· Vice Chair Convention & Visitors Bureau: Mr. Himanshu Karvir, Holiday Inn Biltmore West
· Vice Chair Small Business: Mr. Chris Silliman, First Restoration Services
· Vice Chair Member Services: Mr. Lach Zemp, Roberts & Stevens
· Vice Chair Economic Development: Mr. W. Louis Bissette, Jr., McGuire, Wood & Bissette, PA
Rounding out the 2012-2013 Chamber Board of Directors are:
· Ms. Eileen Black, The Potter’s Mark, Inc.
· Dr. Hank Dunn, A-B Technical Community College
· Mr. Hunter Goosmann, Education and Research Consortium of the Western Carolinas, Inc. (ERC)
· Mr. Darryl Hart, Hart Funeral Service
· Mr. Steve Linton, Deltec Homes
· Mr. Stefan Magura, Blue Ridge Bone & Joint Clinic, P.A.
· Mr. J. Ken Maxwell, II, Frontier Communications
· Mr. Philip McLellan, Thermo Fisher Scientific
· Dr. Ron Paulus, Mission Health
· Mr. Chuck Pickering, Biltmore Company
· Dr. Anne Ponder, UNC Asheville
· Mr. Michael Rangel, Asheville Brewing Company
· Mr. Jim Stickney, Insurance Service of Asheville
· Mr. David Worley, David G. Worley, CPA, PA
Ex-Officio members are:
· Board, Economic Development Coalition: Mr. K. Ray Bailey
· Mayor, City of Asheville: Ms. Terry Bellamy
· Chairman, Buncombe County Commission: Mr. David Gantt
· Chairman, Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority: Mr. Bhagwanji N. Patel, Bhuna Corp.
· Chair, Young Professionals of Asheville: Mr. Zane Whitner, Arvato Entertainment LLC
The Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce is a member organization with over 1,800 member businesses and organizations. Chamber members collaborate with community organizations and coalitions to support the community and each other with the mission of building community through business. The Chamber is home to a 4,000 square foot Visitor Center which welcomes over 195,000 visitors per year.