Press release from the National Park Service:
The National Park Service is seeking vendors interested in providing firewood sales at select Blue Ridge Parkway campgrounds. Approved vendors will operate seasonally from mid-May through October and be issued a Commercial Use Authorization (CUA). All firewood sold must be state or federally certified as heat treated.
Operators can provide service by one of the following methods:
- Sell state or federally certified, heat-treated firewood onsite to campers from a designated location for three hours or more per day.
- Sell certified, heat treated firewood from a secure storage device via the honor system, with cash stored in a lock box. Vendor will be responsible for regularly supplying firewood and emptying cash box. NPS staff or volunteers will lock or unlock storage facility at designated hours.
Vendors are needed ONLY at the following locations:
- Crabtree Falls Campground, Milepost 340, 92 sites
- Linville Falls Campground, Milepost 316, 70 sites
- Doughton Park Campground, Milepost 239, 135 sites
- Rocky Knob Campground, Milepost 167, 109 sites
- Otter Creek Campground, Milepost 61, 69 sites
Interested parties are required to submit an application, including requested location(s) and a $100 application fee, no later than Monday, July 22, 2019. To learn more about this opportunity, including how to apply, please contact Matt Micale, Blue Ridge Parkway Permits Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828.348.3441.