Press release from Buncombe County Government
On Friday, Sept. 23, most Buncombe County Government offices including libraries will close at 2:30 p.m. so employees may attend an end of summer appreciation event. The following services will remain open on a regular schedule:
- Tax Collections
- Property Assessment
- Emergency Medical Services
- Public Safety Communications (911)
- Register of Deeds
- Buncombe County Courts
- Buncombe County Sheriff’s Deputies
- ID Bureau
- Landfill and Transfer Station
- Health and Human Services Economic Services
Any individually scheduled meetings or health appointments will continue as planned.
In addition, Charles D. Owen Park will be closed to all vehicular traffic on Thursday, Sept. 22, and it will be closed to the public on Friday, Sept. 23 for a private event.